The Modelshop Department is called in when a Customer chooses a multi-mastered styling solution and, after a pre-feasibility study, wants to see a real scale model in a virtual reality simulation environment.
Applying craftsmanship skills and expertise, the modellers work with an endless array of materials, epowood, polystyrene, resins, clay, to obtain virtually perfect true-to-life surface models.
Italdesign is proud of its synergistically interacting functional framework and its capability to present, right from preliminary study onset and without distorting the styling drawing chosen by Customer, a single solution ready for a seamless transition to the engineering, marketing and manufacturing phases.
All of this carves out impeccable advantages for the Customer: seamless dialogue throughout the project with a single interlocutor ensures ambitious time-to-market targets to be achieved.
The Modelshop is able to create:
- Exterior volumetric models or Proportion Models for viewing volumes of Virtual Models, generally made in 1:1 scale in Polystyrene
- Interior volumetric models for viewing volumes of Virtual Models and finalizing the ergonomic perspective of the package, made in 1:1 scale in resin
- Sign-off Models (Interior and Exterior Models) designed to freeze the style
- Clinic Model: 1:1 scale Style Models complete with interiors and exteriors, designed for market analysis
- Running Exteriors Design Models: 1:1 scale for analyzing the exterior style of Models in motion
- Aero Models: 1:1 or 1:4 scale physical models for aerodynamic wind tunnel tests made mostly in clay
Areas of expertise:
- Rapid Prototyping
- Resin Department
- Lights and Plexiglass Department