Italdesign is looking for a skilled and dynamic experienced Optical Engineer who is requested to work on next generation of lighting components in term of optical development, simulation, validation.
The Optical Engineer, within Italdesign Lighting Team, will be in charge for the following tasks:
- developing optical components in pre-feasibility phases of projects for interior/exterior lighting: s/he will lead pre-development analyses and optical simulations, using simulation tools available in IDG with the goal to verify homologation/specification compliance and aesthetical aspects;
- steering lighting suppliers in development phases of the projects;
- collaborating in the complete integration of optical elements in the lighting components on the vehicle;
- developing and coordinating lighting laboratory activities: videophotometer luminance and illuminance measurements, HIL optical integration, BRDF/BTDF measurements to optically characterize materials for optical simutions for IDG projects of for external customers;
- supporting IDG validation teams in lighting components validation, participating to night road drive tests and other needed tests;
- support optical prototyping activities by Italdesign dedicated workshop: development of aestethical as well as functional mock ups.
- At least 5 years experience in field of Optical Engineering with a focus on automotive lighting applications;
- At least 5 years experience in Lighting simulations (especially using Lucidshape CAA);
- Knowledge of applied optical solutions for interior and exterior lighting (light guides, TIR lenses, lenses, reflectors) as well as light sources (LED/LASER);
- Knowledge of International Regulation for lighting function homologation;
- Experience in optical data post processing and analyses;
- Experience in characterization of optical surfaces and volumes in terms of scattering, roughness and related modellization;
- Experience in CAD CATIA V5 utilization.
- Knowledge about imaging optics and related optical solutions;
- Knowledge of SPEOS;
- Knowledge about MATLAB or Mathematica.
- Education: Master Degree in Physics or Optical/Electrical Engineering.
- Language skills: Fluent knowledge of written and spoken Italian and English are required. Knowledge of German would be appreciated.
- Workplace: Moncalieri (TO) and availability to travel.
- Benefit: continuous training (technical, soft and languages skills), company canteen, mobility services, health insurance, car leasing program, smart working, flexible benefits, good work-life balance
Italdesign is committed to create an inclusive, diverse and safe workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer (L.903/77).